Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Gabriela

So my daughter is now 2 months and 1 week and 2 days old. She is sleeping through the night now. usually from about 11 to 7. I'm so excited. I'm actually getting sleep now. WooHoo!!! She is drinking anywhere from 5-6 ounces of formula now too. She still spits up a lot. The doctor gave me zantac to give her 3 times a day 20 minutes before a bottle but it doesn't seem to be making much of a difference yet. My step mom said that Ellie (my youngest sister) use to spit up a lot and the doctor told her to try sitting her straight up when feeding her, and after feeding her and sometimes that helps other times it doesn't. So, I dont know what to do. My baby loves outdoors and loves to play. Even though she's only 2 months she still loves to play...but not with toys with me. I now get a smile from her everytime I talk to her. It's the best feeling in the world. I have been a mother now for 3 years but this mothers day was the most special one because it was my first mothers day with my own child. Even though I soent mothers day with my husbands grandpa because I had to drive to Houston to drop the other kiddos off it was still very special. When I got home at 10 pm my husband went and got me 3 roses. One from each kid. It was the best gift in the world. I never understood why my mom said the bond between her and me and my brother was different than between my step siblings and her. Now I understand. I love my kids very much. All 3 of them...but I have a stronger bond with my daughter. Mainly because I carried her for 9 months and gave birth to her and I spend every minute of every day with her. My husband knows this bond is different but he will never completely understand because he does not have step kids. I dont treat my kids any differently I dont think. I do spend more time with Gabriela though, but mainly because i have her 24/7. Gabriela is a big time momma's girl right now. She wants me all the time and it doesn't matter who has her if she knows I'm not around she will start freaking out and crying. My daughter has learned to throw a fit. She starts screaming and crying if we take her bottle away to burp her or wipe her mouth. It's actually kind of funny. Gabriela holds her head up pretty good now. I took her to the park with the other kids and I Put her in the baby swing and she loved it. She smiled the entire time and sat there bobbing her head like she was trying to swing herself with her head. To finish this up, I will tell you that my daughter is 11 lbs 11 oz and 22 inches. She was born 6 lbs 4 oz and 19 inches. So she is getting very big and fast.

No comments: